It’s time to get ready for the Champlain Mini Maker Faire, September 26 & 27, 2015, at Shelburne Farms, Shelburne Vermont. Dozens of makers will exhibit to hundreds of visitors for the fourth annual Vermont Maker extravaganza! We need you and your creative, innovative projects to be a part of this exciting event!
What are the characteristics we are looking for as Makers?
A do-it-yourself project that is unique, inspiring, engaging, and interactive with observers. It tells a story. It might be a piece of art… or a tool or project that does something different. It should be something that hasn’t been seen before, or at least by few people.
Maker Faire events across the United States celebrate a DIY/homegrown invention movement. Whether it’s a home-built robot, a video game, a miniature race car, a novel or hand-made musical instrument, or a sustainable micro garden, Maker Faire showcases all that is creative and innovative in our community.
Saturday, September 26, 2015, 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11 am – 4 pm
Coach Barn, Shelburne Farms
1611 Harbor Road
Shelburne, Vermont 05482
Maker projects showcase the value and process of DIY invention and innovation, including:
- 3D Printers
- Tesla Coils
- Miniature Racing and Boating
- Student Projects/Experiments
- Science Demonstrations
- Clothing/Textile Design and Innovation
- Novel crafts, including Wood, Glass, Metal
- Found Object Creations
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Fire/Water Displays
- Unusual and/or Custom Tools
- Art Cars
- Non-commercial Maker Projects: A do-it-yourself project that is unique, inspiring and engaging. Extra points if your project interacts with observers and attendees. It might tell a story, be a piece of art, or be a tool or project that does something different, that most attendees have never seen before. It might do something better or cheaper than has ever been done before. Your project might be a “mash up” that repurposes existing technologies and materials in an “ah hah!” way, like an underwater bicycle. You should be present to demonstrate your project, answer questions, and point energized attendees at both local and global educational and material resources. All indoor Maker Demo Spaces are 10′ x 10′, but larger projects can be accommodated in tents outside. Projects that employ heat, fire, water, etc. can be accommodated in outside tents.
- Commercial Participants: Commercial booths are available for businesses with Maker-related products to sell. If you sell 3D printers, Arduinos, or other materials or services, please sign up! Our attendees will be energized, and looking for ways to realize their new found interests! If you have products that you wish to donate for use as door prizes, please let us know!
- Events: Projects that are performance events (quadcopter flights, pumpkin chucking trebuchets, etc) will be scheduled throughout the day: let us know what you want to do!
- Talks: do you wish to give a 30 or 45 minute talk about your project or Maker experience, where people can sit and listen to you?
- Workshops: do you want to give an hour-long workshop where people can participate in your project or technology?
Local, regional, and national groups, clubs, individuals, schools, universities, and hobbyists who can demonstrate or actually show the making of their invention/craft/project in a contained booth setting.
NOTE: Young Makers ages 16 and under must have parental/guardian permission and complete permission form to exhibit at Champlain Mini Maker Faire.
Applicants who are chosen by a review panel to participate will receive a 10’x10’ Maker Demo Space booth at no charge. Those applicants who also wish to offer their inventions/crafts/artwork for sale at Champlain Mini Maker Faire may be asked to pay a fee for their booth space (see application for details).
The Coach Barn is equipped to handle upward of 50 booths inside and on the surrounding grounds. Each booth will be allowed up to 4 exhibitor badges. Power will be supplied to each booth.
With excitement of last year’s event spreading throughout the community and the region, Shelburne Farms expects more than 2000 visitors to experience Champlain Mini Maker Faire this fall.
More questions? Contact us.